Bent-Arm Dumbbell Pullover – How to Perform
A Bent Arm Dumbbell Pullover is a training exercise to gain strength. The major muscle group worked on during this exercise is chest and the other muscles trained are deltoids, triceps and lats.
- The main focus of this exercise is to gain strength and develop definition of the chest region.
- Another focus is given on expanding the rib cage.
- The only equipment you need to arrange is dumbbell which is off course the essential part of this workout.
- The workout difficulty level is higher; therefore it has been included into the intermediate level workouts. The beginner might not find it easy to perform.
If you want to make a variation in this workout, you can use barbell instead of dumbbells.
How to Perform?
- Keep the dumbbell into its position.
- Check to make sure that it is properly placed.
- Lie down perpendicular on the flat bench which means only your shoulder area will be placed on the bench while rest of the body will out of the bench.
- Bring your hips little lower than the level of the bench.
- Keep your both feet on the floor with firm position.
- Your head will also be out of the bench.
- Hold the dumbbell firmly with both of your hands.
- Lift them over your chest while there is a bent in your arms.
- Slowly bring down the dumbbell in an arc motion behind the head.
- You will feel stretching in your chest which is good but make sure that your arms must be kept bending thought out the movement.
- Repeat steps as many times as you can do.
- Always use the secured dumbbell.
- Don’t use the old dumbbell.
- Don’t use the dumbbell that needs repairing.
- Don’t use dumbbell with loosen plates.