How to Perform Decline Oblique Crunches?
You can use various variations to perform the crunches exercise to get the maximum benefits such as you can use weighted decline crunches or decline oligque crunches. In this piece of writing, you will find the complete steps to do decline oblique crunches.
Steps to Perform Decline Oblique Crunches
The decline oblique crunch is a variation to the regular crunch exercise and it is used to isolate abdominal oblique muscles. Follow the steps mentioned below to do this exercise in the correct way.
- First of all, lie down on the decline bench.
- Keep your face up.
- Secure your feet under the pads at the bench’s end-point.
- Keep your hands on both sides of your head or across of the chest.
- Slowly raise your chest and shoulder up making sure that your back in a straight position.
- Bring your left elbow to the opposite knees; do it for the right side.
- Contract your abs slowly.
- Hold on for a second and then move back to the previous position.
- Lie down on your back.
- Repeat the process with right elbow to the opposite knee; this time do it for the left knee.
- Repeat the reps.
You can also use a medicine ball, a weighted plate, a dumbbell, or even no weight at all.
- In case of using weight plate, hold it over the chest and make sure that your abs remain flexed during the exercise.
- Go back to the previous point and repeat the process.
Remember that you need to use your abs rather than your neck or legs. For weighted decline crunches, you can do 3 sets of twenty reps.